Press conferences 2018
TUE 25 SEPTEMBER
10:15 AMTLMI (Press conference room)
- Industry Trends with TLMI.
- Preliminary findings from TLMI’s proprietary brand owner survey.
11:00 AMDurst (press conference room)
- The recently announced strengthened distributor relationship Durst/OMET and their joint strategic direction moving forward.
- The new digital printing press Tau 330 RSC, which is making its North American debut at Labelexpo Americas 2018.
11:45 AMOMET (press conference room)
- OMET XJET powered by Durst – the integrated hybrid solution for labels and packaging: when digital meets flexo.
- Customized solutions for printers: innovation with passion in OMET's range of products.
12:30 PMGallus/Heidelberg (press conference room)
- Gallus and Heidelberg will present an update on their April 2018 integration and their strategic direction moving forward.
- The new Gallus Smartfire, which is making its North American debut at the show.
1:20 PMLunch (press office)
1:15 PMKodak (booth 3011)
Transforming Flexo with Game Changing Innovation
This year, it’s a decade ago that Kodak started pushing back the traditional quality and performance limits of flexographic printing with a revolutionary technological approach to digital flexo platemaking: the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System. Kodak invite you to celebrate this milestone as they announce an exciting new product extension to the industry-leading FLEXCEL NX family.
2:00 PMBobst/Mouvent (booth 5403)
- Bobst: Showcasing two of their leading inline flexo presses.
- Mouvent: For the first time in the US, they will present their revolutionary MouventTM Cluster print head technology for digital label production.
3:30 PMEsko/AVT/X-Rite (Booth 5202)
- Esko, AVT and X-Rite will present an update on their latest innovations for the labels production process.
- They will demonstrate how their integrated and automated solutions such as color specification, content management, 3D pack shots and design reviews, prepress workflow and flexo platemaking connect brand owners, designers, premedia and the pressroom into a highly productive and efficient workflow.
4:15 PMXeikon (PRESS CONFERENCE ROOM)
- In keeping with their “Be ahead. Be agile. Be Xeikon.” theme, press and industry analysts will hear about new solutions for higher productivity and support for a higher level of automation.
- Speakers will provide a market update for Xeikon in North America, and celebrate the company's 30th anniversary and the 25th anniversary of the first Xeikon product rollout.
WED 26 SEPTEMBER
9:00 AMAvery Dennison (booth 119)
- The label industry outlook, key trends and challenges, and further insights on Avery Dennison's commitment to pioneering change in 2018 and beyond.
Avery Dennison's approach to innovation and the key drivers for its portfolio over the next few years.
- The latest Avery Dennison innovations and solutions on show, themed around:
Change Your Horizons: Explore new opportunities for growth
Change Perceptions: Discover premium labeling opportunities for greater shelf appeal
Change the Game: Gain an edge with productivity gains and disruptive technology
Change Your Experience: Work Smarter with services that reduce complexity and add value.
9:15 AMFlint Group Narrow Web & Flint Group Flexographic (booth 728)
Flint Group’s Narrow Web and Flexographic divisions will give a presentation on their business updates, strategic directions and highlights of new product offerings.
10:00 AMPhoseon Technology (press conference room)
New UV LED solutions for the market, which will include a new product launch and introduction to new services offered.
10:45 AMMark Andy (press conference room)
A Total Solutions Partnership: Mark Andy’s approach to drive profitability in pressrooms through equipment, services and supplies.
As a pioneer of the printing industry with more than 70 years of expertise, Mark Andy will share the latest on its full lifecycle solutions including:
- Enhancements and extensions to the Performance Series platform.
- Advancements with Digital Series HD offer the best quality and fastest production speeds - understanding the benefits of True Hybrid.
- Launch of Rotoflex Digital F3, offline digital finisher.
- Growth in supplies and service operations.
- Overall expanded workflow offerings.
11:30 AMFujifilm (press conference room)
- Flenex plates.
- The new Illumina retrofit LED curing system.
- Flexo inks.
- New and innovative digital solutions, including the top-in-class flexo press, and C-Touch processor.
12:15 PMGEW (Press conference room)
Innovations in UV Curing Technology for Narrow Web
- GEW will give a short briefing on their ArcLED Hybrid UV Curing System and discuss the pros and cons of both Arc and LED technologies.
- They will also present their latest innovations in UV curing technology, highlighting their next-generation multi-point UV monitor and giving a sneak preview of the impressive capabilities of their new E4C lamphead.
1:15 PMLunch (press office)
2:00 PMPantec (booth 1847)
New design opportunities for sophisticated wine and spirit labels
In the last 8 years, the in-line high speed multi-stroke refinement system RHINO changed the manufacturing rules for high end labels and allowed cost-effective production in a single pass. With the latest release, RHINO IIS, Pantec offers an effective answer for growing requirements regarding multi-effect designs and decreasing job volumes.
- Pantec will give a presentation on new design opportunities for wine and spirit labels, their implementation with RHINO IIS and the possibilities of their flagship for cost-effective short run production.
2:45 PMZeller+Gmelin (booth 1015)
- Zeller+Gmelin Printing Inks will give a presentation on their refreshed corporate design, new market-focused strategic direction and highlights of several new product offerings.
3:30 PMLoftware (booth 6025)
- Loftware will showcase how adopting a configurable, cloud-based automated solution for packaging artwork and end-to-end business processes will transform your project management to enable seamless collaboration, ensure traceability and regulatory compliance, while reducing time to market.
- They will also will highlight how enlisting an “enterprise-centric” approach to labeling allows you to meet customer demands and address complex labeling variations to support high-volume global printing.
- Most uniquely, Loftware will outline how global enterprises can significantly improve operations by combining labeling and artwork management capabilities through one scalable, highly configurable solution platform.
4:15 PMFlint Group Awards (booth 728)
- Flint Group’s 14th Annual Print Awards celebrate the best label submissions from Flint Group’s Narrow Web, Flexographic and Xeikon customers. The awards showcase how their solutions can ignite the imagination.
- Following the awards presentation, the group will toast Xeikon in celebration of the company’s 30th anniversary.