Label Academy Master Class: Shrink Sleeve Technology
WEDNESDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER
ROOM 12, CONFERENCE CENTER
Learn about shrink sleeve technology, markets and applications from the experts. Gain a clear understanding of the design and origination requirements; find out about suitable shrinkable films; review the different printing processes and how to select them; gain an appreciation of the latest converting technologies and specialized applications; find out about sleeve performance and quality, including troubleshooting and fault finding.
This five-hour master class will be presented by Mike Fairley, along with other leading experts from the field of shrink sleeve materials and technology. It is organized by the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
The price includes the master class, refreshments, lunch and a copy of the text book ($129 if bought separately).
For everyone's benefit, seating is strictly limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
WED 26 SEPTEMBER
9:00 AMIntroduction to sleeves and sleeve technology
- What is sleeving and why is it used?
- Identifying the different types of sleeves
- Key market sectors, market size and trends
9:30 AMDesign and origination for sleeve labels
- Container and design considerations
- Creating die-lines and supplying artwork
- Positioning of barcodes, proofing and plates
10:15 AMBreak with tea and coffee
10:30 AMSubstrates and their usage
- Exploring shrinkable film types and their characteristics
- Understanding usage considerations
- Performance requirements and special feature films
11:15 AMPrinting ink technologies for sleeves
- Considering the different printing processes: UV and WB flexo, gravure and digital
- Process selection for proper inks
- Special feature ink options
12:00 PMNetworking lunch
12:30 PMConverting and application technology
- Slitting, seaming, inspection, application and shrink steps
- Understanding the process and getting it right
- Implementing tamper evident, security and brand protection features
1:15 PMEnsuring the best results
- Performance and quality considerations
- Fault finding and troubleshooting
- Successful case studies
2:00 PMEnd of master class
Thank you to the Label Academy sponsors: